The vision of the Board is to be recognised nationally and internationally as a leading gambling and racing regulatory authority.
The main purpose of the WCGRB is to control and regulate gambling and racing within the Province of the Western Cape, that will:
- provide a stable, just, consistent and effective regulatory environment;
- inspire public confidence and trust, in an environment free from corruption and unlawful gambling and racing activities; and
- contribute to the economy of the Western Cape in a socially responsible manner.
In the execution of the collective functions, the Board and its Office place the highest value on:
- The quality of possessing and steadfastly adhering to a moral or ethical code and high professional standards.
- The quality, condition, or characteristic of being fair, truthful, and morally upright in conduct and adherence to the facts.
- Incapable of being morally corrupted, especially incapable of being bribed or motivated by selfish -or base interests.
- Lack of hidden agendas and conditions, accompanied by the availability of full information required for collaboration, cooperation and collective decision making.
- A form of trustworthiness; having the authority to take decisions independently, and the state, fact, or position of being accountable to somebody for one’s conduct.
- It is the acknowledgment and assumption of responsibility for actions, products, decisions, and policies including the administration, governance and implementation within the scope of the role and encompassing the obligation to report, explain and be answerable for resulting consequences.
- Encouraging and assisting employees to acquire new skills -or to advance skills, knowledge, and view points, by providing learning and training facilities and avenues where such new ideas can be applied.